What measures are in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Being outside is the safest way to gather together (research will show it is also good for us ) in order to accommodate social distancing requirements of 2m, group size will be reduced. There will be temperature checks on arrival using an infrared thermometer. However, I am confident that the space in Beaulieu House Estate will accommodate these changes and your experience will not be compromised and that it will be possible to have a relaxed and restful time together.
Our welcoming area, walled garden and woodland entry points will have hand sanitising stations. The group will have exclusive use of all the designated areas in the walled garden and woodland area and have exclusive use of a private outdoor flush toilet that is well monitored and regularly cleaned.
- Participants will be advised to bring their own food and water to stay nourished during the experience.
- Participants will need to bring their own cup to use during the tea ceremony. Boiled water from the kelly kettles will be provided for hot tea and all tea will be individually wrapped and sealed for use. (Please note no loose tea leaves or botanicals will be used during the COVID-19 pandemic)
What happens on the day?
Your forest bathing experience will take place in the private garden and woodlands of Beaulieu House Estate. Be sure to consider your clothing for the weather, as you’ll be outside for 3.5 hours – walking shoes and warm layers are recommended, a raincoat or sun cream hat / glasses if necessary. Water is also recommended.
- Your slow walk of awareness will combine appreciation of the natural world, inner peace and stillness with meditative practices.
- This experience differs from hiking or nature excursions as it centers on the therapeutic aspects of Forest bathing. One of the main focuses is on the opportunity to slow down to appreciate things that can only be seen or heard when you are moving slowly.
- Waterproof ground sitting mats and zafus for meditation are provided. Afterwards, you’ll gather around a campfire to share experiences and drink tea of your choice.
- This is a space for all of us to come together and experience the support of the natural world and to be part of a global community in accessing more wisdom, love and consciousness.
What level of fitness is required for Forest bathing?
I aim to make the experience of Forest bathing as accessible as possible within the context and limitations of an outdoor garden and woodland area with loose gravel paths and uneven ground and basic toilet facilities.
Walking is required over the course of the 3½ hour experience however, slow and gentle walking is encouraged at all times.
Sitting as close to the ground is also encouraged, with waterproof ground mats provided. The garden and woodland area has some handmade wooden benches and seats that can be used at your own discretion. By nature of the outdoor setting the ground will be uneven and fallen branches are common within the woodland area, care is advised whilst walking in all locations and all experiences will involve a low level of physical activity.
If you have mobility or any other physical needs please get in touch before you book to see how your needs can be accommodated.
Please ensure you have filled out the health screening form below, and you have discussed participating in these classes with your health care provider where relevant.
What are the on-site facilities like?
- We have exclusive use of an outdoor flush toilet and washing facilities within one-minute walk from the walled garden and woodland area.
- Car parking facilities are provided on the front lawn of the Estate and the required two-metre distance can be maintained on entry and exit of the vehicle at all times.
Forest bathing Overview
Meet the challenges of our moment and experience the healing powers of Shinrin-Yoku – a traditional Japanese awareness meditation, proven to be a profound antidote to anxiety, tension and stress – with this Forest Bathing Experience.
Led by Lisa Kennedy, BA Outdoor Education (twenty years’ experience in Yoga & Mindful meditation facilitation and Forest bathing guide) you’ll embark on a simple nature walk, share a series of guided meditations, invitations and tools to help you develop and connect to the natural world.
Set in a stunning walled garden and woodlands, this is a rare combination of sensual immersion, stillness practice and guided meditation, that will help you stay centered and grounded in the deepest part of yourself.
All Forest bathing experiences are for Adults, (16 – 18 year-olds are very welcome but must be accompanied by a full paying responsible adult)
- Forest bathing Club is designed for children aged 7 – 17 years which will be available from September 2020 for school/ club groups.
- The experience requires walking (slowly and gently) in the garden, grassy terraces and rocky uneven forest footpaths.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary.
- All Forest bathing experiences require you to arrive fifteen minutes before the start time and cannot accommodate late or delayed arrival times.
If you are not able to attend the Forest bathing experience you have booked or are a ‘no-show’ no refunds are available.
Bookings are not transferable from one date to another, however if you can’t make the day, the full cost of your booking will be donated to The Women’s and Children’s refuge in Drogheda.
The experience is available on selected Thursdays evenings, Saturday and Sunday mornings in Beaulieu House Estate throughout the year and can be arranged by appointment for groups of bookings ( minimum 4 ) to suit the groups availability.
We recommend you book at least two weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Please allow 3½ hours for the full experience.
- Parking is on the grounds of the Estate.
Booking – for scheduled Forest Bathing click button
or , email Lisa@calmpaths.ie for more details.
Rates are €45 per person
Bookings are open from August 2020.
- Thursday evenings 7:00pm – 10:30pm
- Saturday mornings 9:00 – 12:30pm
- Sunday mornings 9:00 – 12:30pm
Corporate / school group booking rate available on request which requires a non-refundable booking deposit
Following booking, a secured link will be sent to you to make a payment online through a trusted and secure third-party payments system using all major credit cards.
Following payment a booking confirmation email will be sent to you.
Leave no trace policy
Lisa is a ‘Leave no Trace’ trainer and utilises their framework, on site, of minimum impact.